Reverand Phillip Roseberry and his wife Elizabeth purchased property from Captain Joseph B. Brinton of 603 Center Street. In the 1880s, the Roseberry’s built this Queen Anne. After the death of Rev. Roseberry who passed away in 1889 and Elizabeth in 1892, the home was sold to Dr. Clark DeWitt Sackett and his wife Bertha Matilida. Dr. Sackett had his home and medical office in the building from the late 1890s through the 1920s. He practiced allopathic medicine. After Dr. Sackett’s wife passed away, he moved with his youngest son, Charles Henry Sackett, to El Paso Texas where he died. It is presently a duplex owned by Howard Steigerwalt.
OF EARLY PIONEERS
WHO SETTLED IN ASHLAND COUNTY OHIO
Philip R. Roseberry