The prairie style of Frank Lloyd Wright is evident in the home that John C. Myers had built at 910 Center Street in 1908. Later the family later gave to the Ashland Theological Seminary in 1959.
In the late 1920s, Myers had the opportunity to purchase a house on an adjoining lot. He wasn’t interested in the house, but wanted to add to the landscaping of his property. This would require the moving or demolishing of the Herschler House. J. Herschler owned this property in 1917. The original owner and year built are not available. John C. Myers offered the house to his cousin, Warren M. (Brownie) Spreng, who moved it to 726 Edgehill Avenue in 1931. John C. Was the son of F.E. Myers, and Spreng was the son of Savilla Myers Spreng. She and F.E. were brother and sister. The Edgehill house is the residence of Daniel and Laurie McFarlin. The garden on the south side of the J.C Myers House is the original location of the Herschler House.